West Mont is funded in part by the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services (Developmental Disabilities Division), however, many of our programs are supported by charitable donations. Without these on-going contributions, we would not be able to provide some of the vocational, recreational and other activities that we have available for individuals in our programs.
The Caldwell House
The Caldwell House, West Mont’s most recent project provides compassionate and skilled nursing care for ten medically fragile or terminally ill individuals with disabilities. Named after Ron Caldwell, former President/CEO of West Mont who passed away unexpectedly in 2008, the Caldwell House was completed in June 2011. Features of this facility include:
- A healthy, safe and therapeutic environment for a vulnerable segment of our population
- A home-like setting design that fits in architecturally with surrounding residential neighborhood
- 10-private bedrooms with 2-expanded that will allow a family member to stay comfortably with their loved one
- Caring staff trained specifically to care for people with disabilities
- The first facility like this built in the State of Montana
- A home that fills a critical void in the community
West Mont’s Caldwell House was completed in June 2011
West Mont is currently planning its next project, Ron’s Place, named in honor of Ron Caldwell, former President/CEO of West Mont. This new home will target developmentally disabled adults with fluctuating medical needs who do not yet require the level of care of the Caldwell House but who still need occasional nursing care and extra support that exceeds the normal group home environment. Features and benefits of Ron’s Place include:
- A fully ADA accessible facility designed in a home-like atmosphere
- 6-private bedrooms to ensure privacy and to isolate illness, if necessary
- Staffed 24-hours a day by our skilled, compassionate nurses which will allow our residents who might otherwise be admitted to a nursing home to stay “home” with their West Mont family.
- An activity room designed for multi-purposes including range of motion
- A great room with the kitchen, dining and living room designed as an open concept
Ron’s Place will be another step in the continuum of care that West Mont can provide our clients in order to serve them throughout all stages of their life. West Mont is responsible for building and furnishing Ron’s Place. Once built, it will be funded in part by the State of Montana. Fundraising continues on this new project.
Charitable donations to West Mont are always received with gratitude and tax deductible as allowable under IRS guidelines. Your donation may be designated to a specific program such as the Caldwell House, The Farm (formerly in the Dell), Melodee House, or client recreational activities such as the Cheer Squad, bowling, dances, etc.
Your tax-deductible donation to West Mont can be made online through PayPal or mailed to: 2708 Bozeman Avenue Helena, MT 59601. If you would like additional information, please contact Arlene Flynn (406) 447-3100.